Monday, April 16, 2007

When Happyness is Depressing

Finally caught the Will Smith vehicle - Pursuit of Happyness. Watched it during the nor easter the east coast was treated to on Sunday. So amidst howling wind and torrential downpours the man, the dog and I snuggled to watched the film. It wasn't until after watching the film that I began to appreciate it. During the film you're enmeshed in the hero's dilemmas, and let me tell you there's a whopping lot of them. Wife leaves, back account cleaned out by the IRS, kicked out of your home, kicked out of a hotel, $21 dollars in your pocket with which you have to exist for months AND take care of your adorable toddler. Yikes! It was truly exhausting and yes, depressing. But afterwards, when you're able to appreciate the journey, then you pay attention to the gift called your life. Of course I wish I had more money. Of course I wish I were taller and thinner. Of course I wish I had a villa on the Amalfi coast, or even the Jersey coast. But at least I am healthy, have a job, a wonderful partner, an adorable dog and a damn beautiful home. So if you'd want a dose of "remember how great your life really is" check out Pursuit of Happyness. Guarantee you'll go home and kiss your hubby or honey and tell them how happy your are.

No comments: