Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Frost Nixon Werewolf?



Really hating living in Seattle. No I haven't moved to the Pacific Northwest, just feels like it with the interminal rain, mist and humidity.

The Seattle on the Hudson weather has forced me and the dog indoors to engage in banal activities, like house cleaning and movie watching. Particularly amused by the diametrically opposing movies Frost Nixon vs. Rise of the Lycans. What's the unifying factor - the lead actor in both - Michael Sheen.

You might not remember him, since he's been a revered English stage actor. Not until the eeriely gory Vampire vs. Werewolf flick Underworld (the movie that single-handedly resusticated Kate Beckinsale's career from pretty English chick to ass-kicking leather bitch)debuted in 2003 did he get much attention on our side of the pond.

Can't help but appreciate the guys's cahonas for pulling off a tepidly polite David Frost. But I couldn't figure out why his face looked so familiar. Not till Lycans came around and I thought, holy crap! Why that's the same guy. Obviously a talented actor, and I certainly tip my hat to the guy for his range, which also includes Tony Blair in the Queen.

No comments: