Friday, June 12, 2009

40 days and 40 nights

Seriously, it's been raining so long in the tri-state area it feels like Biblical times. The Dog and I are ready to slit our wrists but since it would be a crime to soil my Santoku with human blood I'm opting to drink and smoke myself into a stupor.

Despite the deluge the air remains muggy, encouraging me to think of the tropics and a lush, soft Tequila. My latest Anejo amour - Gran Centenario certainly fits the bill. However I'm loathe to chug that beauty as one of my dinner guests recently did. "Effing Chug that Anejo?" I ranted. "No way, back to Cuervo my friend."

Speaking of Anejo I hit my basement bar to compare my Gran Centenario against my old standby - Patron Gold. I've long been a fan of D'oro but was shocked when a mouth to mouth comparison revealed Patron to carry nuances of flint and SOAP! I shelved D'oro back in my basement bar and cradling my new amour in one hand, a Nat Sherman in another, watched the rain with the Dog.

On a happier note I've discovered a wonderland of drinking pleasures via the Intoxicologist. Check it out and find a cocktail for your next soiree.

By the way, thanks to Priya for the soggy NYC skyline pix.

No comments: