Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Score one for the Cougars (and I don't mean mountain lions)

Only last year did I become aware of the meaning of the word Cougar, used in dating circles. For those not up with the hunting/dating jargon, a Cougar is an older woman who chases and dates younger men. E! recently premiered the 25 Hottest Hollywood Cougar Tales in which babes such as Goldie Hawn, Madonna, Susan Sarandon and Hallie Berry scored as cougars.

Just today I received an email promoting a cougar event titled: Natural Selection Speed Date II. Apparently I was a big hit! Here's the promo blurb by Pocket Change:

Paying tribute to the women who publicly declare they have the means and they have the needs. Symbiosis has allowed ugly rich men to attract young gorgeous money-hungry women for centuries; it is now the women’s turn. For all of the leopard-print attire and decades of alimony you have amassed in your divorces, we know that there is still a void within you that even an unattractive David Yurman necklace can not fulfill. Flocks of young attractive men are anxious to replace the tired, overworked, undersexed, population of unsatisfying middle-aged single men that are not wealthy enough to date women their kid’s age. Pocket Change simply continues where Susan B. Anthony left off.

So check this out, the criteria to qualify as a female participant in the event is:
- Must be older than 35
- Must make 500k or more
- Liquid assets 4 million +
- Divorce settlement 4 million +

For a guy to qualify you must meet this criteria:
- Must be younger than 35
- Must submit 5 photos of self

and that's it!

Now I know what you're thinking. Rekha, why did you receive a summons for speed-dating cougars? I DON'T KNOW. Honestly. I belong on Pocket Change's mailing list but I swear I never signed up for any such event. I swear (again).

Anyway, I don't make more than $500k, so I can't go anyway...

I'll say it for you'all. Shucks.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

This hearkens back to your conversation of the other day about mountain lions and tabby cats...The term cougar fits right in, no? :)