Monday, December 17, 2007

Photorefractive Keratectomy

Been laying low the past few days due to eye surgery. PRK to be exact. While I was hoping for the more cutting edge (literally) procedure called Interlase , the curvature of my cornea prohibited this surgery so I opted for the less invasive PRK. Downside being the recuperation time which can last up to one week. That and the bile-tasting eye drops that drip from your eyes into your nasal cavity and mouth. Oh, and the not so chic wrap-around blue black glasses meant to diminish light.

So bear with me as my eyes become reacquainted with vision without the assistance of glasses or contacts. Something I'm quite looking forward to as I've been working the librarian look for the past month. Which, let me tell you sucks when you're watching the Hitman in a theater full of juiced up boys and girls. Or when you're attending an OK magazine party in the meat-packing district.

Soon, very soon I'll be blinking these brownies unimpeded.

No comments: